Africa is the world of expression, colours, adventures, music, warmth and creative tools. Scholars would argue that it is the birthplace of music and dance. We profess that Africa is the cradle of hip hop. The future of hip hop is young and African.
2022 celebrates the 12th anniversary of the Zimbabwe Hip Hop Awards (ZHHA), the first hip hop awards on the African continent.
2022 celebrates the 12th anniversary of the Zimbabwe Hip Hop Awards (ZHHA), the first hip hop awards on the African continent. The Awards pay tribute to musical excellence and creativity, providing a high-profile and multi-faceted celebration of the rich cultural diversity of Zimbabwean Hip hop music.Winners used to receive a plaque, a representation of the highest achievement in Zimbabwean hip hop. We have now introduced a new gong in the shape of our logo as the new accolade.
As the leading authority of Zimbabwe Hip Hop culture and Africa’s first and prestigious hip hop awards property, our mission is to use elements of popular youth culture and media to inspire, motivate and empower the music of young people by acknowledging and celebrating local artists in their respective genres. We continue to grow as we are get more regional and international recognition from various media houses and artists. Having come this far Zimbabwe Hip Hop Awards 2022 aka ‘ZHHA12’ will continue to celebrate its decade of hip hop industry achievements in glitz and glam . This years prestigious award will be held in Harare on the of December.
• In 2020 Zim hip hop awards as the most streamed award show in Zimbabwe with over 30 000 views on facebook live
• Zimbabwe business awards 2019 winner- best brand of the year supporting youth arts culture
ZimHipHop Awards Criteria
To be nominated for the 2022 Zim Hip Hop Awards, an artist’s music has to be released on any local Radio stations or public media platforms from the previous cycle of 1 NOVEMBER 2021 which ends on the 31st of OCTOBER 2022. Supporting documents are required eg, newspaper articles, flyers , posters, video links and other evidence to show release of material .
Click here to view Awards Categories List
Aims and objectives
• To honour and celebrate hip hop artists and their craft.
• Use elements of popular youth culture and media to inspire, motivate and empower the music, of young people by acknowledging and celebrating local artists in the Hip Hop genre.
• Gain support from cooperates and non-governmental organisations to assist build the music industry through their partnership and sponsorship.
• Execute humanitarian initiatives using hip hop culture.
• Bring respect & sustainability to the hip hop genre/ industry.
• Create a visually captivating high class production through creative treatments
• Promote, grow and preserve the Zimbabwe hip hop Industry
• Form partnership with stakeholders to provide financial backing for the awards in return for exposure & participation on various levels
• Promote national, regional and international tourism and integration though this popular culture.
• Connect and unite the national and continental urban youth cultures